Friends of Jubilee Gardens - Blackpool

Friends of Jubilee Gardens - Blackpool

Jubilee Gardens is the 100 year old Promenade Sunken Gardens by Gynn Square in Blackpool

The Friends of Jubilee Gardens is a new group of like minded individuals who are passionate about looking after this popular open space. 

Thank you to Tesco Bags of Help!

The Friends have already transformed the tidiness of the gardens, built in 1915, and with the funds which they received from Tesco Bags of Help in 2017 they have bought shrubs and plants which volunteers are planting in flowerbeds to restore the gardens to their former glory for the enjoyment of the community and visitors.

More about Friends of Jubilee Gardens

As a group, we are aware of the recent cuts to Blackpool Council Departments budgets and realise that the way public spaces were funded and managed in the past has now changed.

We want the gardens to be well maintained and want to play our part in supporting other Agencies and Council Departments in achieving this aim.

To make this happen, involvement from the local community is vital and needs to be nurtured and encouraged. We have to play our part in giving our time and making sure our concerns are heard.

Volunteering Opportunities

Held every week on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Tuesdays – 10 til 12 noon (meet by Blue Light Memorial end)
Saturdays – 11-1pm (meet by waterfall)

The Tuesday sessions are currently being held off site for the next few weeks as we are preparing reclaimed sleepers from the gardens and will be making two large compost beds with them.

We ALWAYS need help with –

• Weeding
• Hoeing
• Clearing
• Planting
• Pruning
• Sweeping
• Bench and Handrail Painting
• Litter Picking

Any amount of time you can donate will be greatly appreciated.

If its raining, then the planned event will not go ahead.

If anyone would like to join in just turn up on the day.

Join the Facebook Group to get in touch.

Find out More

The Friends of Jubilee Gardens was been started in June 2016 as a Facebook Group which you are invited to join

Friends of Jubilee Gardens Facebook Group

Through the group you’ll be able to find out about what’s happening, how you can get involved, and the progress of the group. 

It’s your community – why don’t you get involved in looking after it?

More about Jubilee Gardens Blackpool

Jubilee Gardens, on Blackpool north seafrontJubilee Gardens is on Blackpool North seafront

Jubilee Gardens on Blackpool North seafront

One Comment
  1. Hello,
    I like the Jubilee Gardens.
    I live in Manchester,but I visit Blackpool during the summer months and I always stay around Gynn Square.
    I always visit the Jubilee Gardens.
    However,the best thing about the gardens has gone.
    At night time,on my way back to my hotel,I would walk through the gardens to see the rabbits.
    As well as the brown ones there were also a number of black ones.
    I used to look forward to seeing them every year,until a few years ago, when they disappeared.What happened to them?I hope that they weren’t poisoned by the council.
    Yours sincerely,Pete Johnson.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *